Sometimes it’s easier to focus on what we don’t have, rather than what we do have. It’s important to take time out and remember all of the things to be thankful for that many of us take for granted.
1. Good Health- Even if you’re health isn’t great, it could be worse and you likely still have some working parts to be thankful for.
2. Money in the Bank- Having just a few coins makes you richer than most people on Earth.
3. Good Friends- Often, it’s the quality of friendships, not the quantity.
4. Freedom of Religion- Being able to worship whomever and however you want is something many people don’t ever experience.
5. Your Parents- for providing for you in many times of your life
6. Weekends- There’s something magical about weekends.
7. Freedom to Vote- Being able to have a say in the laws should never be taken for granted.
8. Pets- Pets offer one of the best examples of unconditional love.
9. Vaccines-Many of us wouldn’t be alive without today’s vaccinations.
10. Opportunity to Get an Education- The opportunity to attend school is something many people don’t have.
11. Having a Home- Whether you live in an apartment, a mansion, or a tent, having a place to call home is something to be thankful for.
12. An Ability to Read- Many people don’t get to experience reading a book, or taught to read at all.
13. Breathing Fresh Air- Being able to step outside to breathe in fresh air is a good reminder how many little things we should be thankful for.
14. A Bed to Sleep- A bed is one of those things that’s easy to take for granted, until you don’t have one.
15. Laughter- Without laughter, the world would be a sad place.
16. Safety and Security- Being able to wake up without immense fear.
17. Cars- Without cars, it would take a lot longer to get our activities done.
18. Sunshine- The sun’s warmth can brighten any day.
19. Time- Although we often don’t think there’s enough of it, time is something we shouldn’t take for granted.
20. Clean Water- Many people on earth lack access to clean water.
21. Cell Phones- Cell phones make talking to loved ones easy.
22. Love- The world sure would be a different place if we lacked the ability to love.
23. Books- Books provide an opportunity to enter another world all from the comfort of your own home.
24. Kindness of Strangers- Never take the kindness of a stranger for granted.
25. Campfires- The simplicity of a campfire creates lifelong memories.
26. Pain- Without pain, it would be difficulty to appreciate life’s joys.
27. Art- The world would be less beautiful if art didn’t exist.
28. Holidays- Any reason to celebrate is something we should be thankful for.
29. Freedom of Speech- Being able to express your thoughts and feelings, being mindful of others
30. Rainbows- The beauty of a rainbow is unmatched.
31. Tears- Sometimes when there are no words to say, tears express how we feel for us.
32. Waking up Today- Simply waking up today means you have things to be thankful for.
33. Indoor Plumbing- Indoor plumbing not only provides convenience, it spares us from disease.
34. Wisdom that Comes with Age- Thankfully, we grow smarter over time.
35. Mountains- Mountains provide us with beauty and recreation.
36. Eyesight- Being able to see allows us to view the world’s beauty.
37. Grocery Stores- Grocery stores mean we don’t have to spend all of our time getting our own food.
38. Sunsets- Sunsets are a reminder that we should enjoy the simple things in life.
39. Good Health Care- So we can be free from pain, and avoid sickness
40. Your Mind- Being able to think, remember, and solve problems sure makes life easier.
41. Employment- Even if you don’t like your job, being employed means someone thought you were special enough to hire.
42. Diversity- The world would be a boring place without diversity.
43. Armed Forces- Our lives would likely be very different if we didn’t have protection from the armed forces.
44. Electricity- Being able to take advantage of time through the darkness
45. Air Conditioning- Staying cool on a hot day is something people wouldn’t have dreamed about in past centuries.
46. Hearing- Being able to hear your loved one’s voice is something that not everyone gets to do.
47. Children- Watching children laugh, grow, and dream can keep things in perspective.