WEDNESDAY FITNESS CHALLENGE!
Every Wednesday in August slightly leading into September 8/6-9/24 we are going to do a fitness race either walking, running, jogging, anywhere, and everywhere. The Fun thing about this is even though summer is coming to a close soon we are still enjoying getting out! Total health is a huge part of dental health. Did you know Carrots actually work out the fibers holding your teeth? Interesting right?
If you'd like to join us in our fitness challenge send us a picture of your family fitness, take a "selfie" picture of your self being healthy, or send us a short story about getting out and doing something physically fit to email@example.com We will post your pictures/ short stories and our finale pictures after our fitness challenge on the blog to encourage others on overall health.
To get you started here is a Healthy recipe so you can give your teeth some healthy exercise as well as good nutrition for your body.
Strawberry spinach salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- garlic salt or garlic powder
- salt and pepper Salad:
- one package (10 oz) fresh spinach (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 cup avocado, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the cashew nuts. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Sprinkle cashew nuts on top of the salad.